Hello everyone, I thought I would do a post talking about my previous blog and what made me stop blogging.
I created my first blog when I was around 14 I think, I was off school for a while and suffering really bad with anxiety so I decided to start up a blog, I did it for a while then stopped. Just before my 16th birthday I started up again but this time I really made the effort and spent so much time in doing my blog. I had a post up everyday, made a few friends through it, went to a meet up everything was going great. I had about 200 followers too which doesn't sound a lot but to me that was a great achievement. I left college and that summer I blogged constantly, I loved it.
Now fast forward to Christmas 2013 my blog was still going strong and I was loving it, until one day a group of people from the school I went to came into my work and started bullying me about it, they had bullied me in school previous to this but never did I think they would find my blog. I then came home to find they were following me on all my blogging social media and no doubt reading my posts. In a total freak out I deleted my blog and all the social media to do with it.
I did regret it for a long time but I soon stuck my head into my college course and got a great job which I am still in now.
Over a year later I feel like I am ready to bring blogging back into my life, I wish I hadn't let them get to me like they did. Blogging helped me so much when I was suffering with my anxiety etc and I threw that all away over 4 girls I went to school with.
I am hoping that this time I will be sticking around in the blogging world for a lot longer and I won't let anybody put me down over it.
Thanks for reading my little ramble,
Keira
xx
Sweetie, the higher you fly, the more people will shoot at you. Just hang in there. I have a "crazy lady stalker" from my blog too! She is truly batshit! She even went as far as to steal some of my photos and Photoshop them into porn scenes and create her one page pretending to be me saying things like "hi, I am an ugly whore with resting bitch face and incurable STD's and blah blah blah" She actually went as far as threaten to "come see you" at my work etc.
ReplyDeleteThere are crazy people everywhere and you just have to ignore them and let them fester in their own bad energy.
Luckily I have a support group of friends who are echoing my WTF sentiment.
Just keep your chin up and keep doing great things. Happy people will be inspired, unhappy people will be jealous, and miserable people will become haters. Other people's misery is not your problem. (Although it is strange sharing big parts of your life with readers knowing the haters are also reading and judging-quite unsettling also!)
Just surround yourself with positive people and don't allow the negative in.
Best wishes for your new blog!
Dawn
www.BrilliantOrchid.com
Sweetie, hang in there.
ReplyDeleteIf you are doing great things, eventually miserable people will notice and be jealous. F*** them.
I understand how unsettling it can be sharing your life with readers knowing that there are also these sad, sad people out there just waiting for you to fail. I had a similar situation as you- a crazy lady found my blog & started stealing my photos and photoshopping my face into porn scenes, threatening to come to my work, and even went so far as to put up a blog page pretending to be me where "I" talk about what a bitter, ugly, STD infected whore who blabbers on about XYZ and blah blah blah.
Some people are just crazy,
Anyway, just hang in there. This group of people is likely very jealous of you. Just keep your head high and live a great life. People like that don't get very far in life - take comfort that you are doing something productive and soon, they won't even exist to you.
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself! (And fix your comment box, it seems to have a glitch!).
Dawn
www.BrilliantOrchid.com